Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Emmy's Essay


This week Emmalyn was chosen to represent her 3rd grade class at a school assembly by reading an essay she wrote about "Tolerance and Diversity". I tried downloading the video clip of her reading but it was just too big-so a few quotes from her will have to do.
"Tolerance means accepting and Diversity means different, so together they mean accepting others that are different...You should just accept people the way they are because they can't change that they are different from you...you could just give a friendly smile. A smile helps me when I am sad...I think people should try to be more tolerant and diverse every day."

Needless to say we were proud parents.

5 comments:

Meeker home said...

That Emmy! It will be so fun to see how her life unfolds. She is one smart cookie!

Seth and CarolAnn said...

So cute! I wish we could see your family more! I love reading about Emmy and your boys.

Sara said...

Chelise, your kids are soooo cute! You should be proud!

Michelle Burk said...

I love her!! She still remembers she's marrying Braden, right?

Chris and Cristi said...

That is really cute. Your blog is so fun to read and very inspiring. Love you all.