Thursday, November 19, 2009

A beautiful day in the neighborhood!

It was 65 degrees TODAY in Potsdam...in the North Country. As soon as I figured that the thermometer wasn't broken I threw jackets on the boys (which they promptly threw off...because it was so HOT!) and headed outside. I finally got all the leaves and dead plants cleaned out of all my flower beds and the yard mostly ready for snow-cause I know it's coming. Jamison and Lincoln ate lunch out on the trampoline and Jamison suggested that after school we should all go to the beach. Oh, I love my little North Country kids that think 65 is balmy!!
It felt SO good to be outside and to be warm again. And it was just what I needed since I have procrastinated the yard work for too long. Thank Mother Nature for throwing this "yard work procrastinator" a line.

1 comment:

Tyler and Jeena said...

Yeah,finally a break from the cold. Chelise, I think about you daily since our NYC trip. I am glad it warmed up for a day at least. Have you ever thought about Mesa State College, Ben? Mild winters, lots to do, fun friends around. We are slowly trying to figure out how to get all of our friends back together for more than a long weekend. Happy Thanksgiving.