Thursday, January 8, 2009

Favorite Quotes of the week

Jamison: ...while playing Legos: "Hey, where are the destructions?"

Clayton: ...after taking a big fall onto his knees: "Mom, I think I'm going to need to be crippled."

Emmalyn: "Mom, there's ice on the inside of the windows and it's -15 degrees outside this morning. Did you know that we're close to the same temperature that they only have in the Artic?" (Ah-the North Country)

Jamison: "I miss Dad."

Clayton: "I miss Dad."

Emmalyn: "I miss Dad."

Mom: "ME TOO!!" (Ben's been out of town this week-Toronto-for a conference. We miss him.) Hey-maybe this is the secret to being the favorite parent. Leave everyone once in awhile so you actually give the kids a chance to miss you. I should try it.

Lincoln: UH-OH! (I think it can't be a good sign that this is only the second word he knows. We could be in for it. Oh wait, I have 3 boys-I'm in for it.)

4 comments:

Meeker home said...

Oh Chelise...it sounds freezing there. I will never complain about SLC weather again. And you should definitely get a vacation once in a while...think Oct with the Philly girls...

CarolAnn said...

Hey Chelise! My Mom passed on your blog address. Its so cute. I love hearing about your kids, I laughed and laughed about the snow shoveling. Seth and I's blog is sethandcarolann.blogspot.com.

Michelle Burk said...

Aren't you so glad you have a place to record the funny things your kids say! Blogging is great--otherwise those little moments pass by and the rest of us would miss out on the good laugh. Those little boys don't know how good they've got it with a mom like you.

Andrea said...

I agree with Erin--you need to get away more often! October baby!! :)